All four parts are available on demand now. Please register to view.
Forensic genetic genealogy (FGG) emerged in 2019 as a novel and groundbreaking way of solving crimes or identifying the missing and continues to make headlines today. As a result, there is no shortage of content covering this important forensic technique, ranging from simple blog posts to graduate-level certificate programs. So where do you start? This webinar series is an entry-level course providing a wide range of practical guidance for law enforcement professionals who want to incorporate FGG into regular practice, including how, when, and why to use the technique. At the end of the series, attendees will have a clear understanding of the benefits as well as challenges of FGG and how to go about adopting it.
In this series, attendees will learn:
- Basic concepts and terminology of FGG
- The history of FGG, recent case resolutions, and experts’ predictions on the short- and long-term future of FGG
- The requirements for implementing FGG in your agency and a case study of how one California agency went about it
- How to use FGG in actual investigations
- How to choose a laboratory partner
- The genealogical tool kit and training